From this day forward


Zucchini what a name for a wedding company you may well ask and blue olive who?

Six years almost to the day we arrived in Cyprus fairly affluent having left reasonably high profile jobs in London, naive to say the least but happy that we had left the rat race for a relaxed life in the sunshine. Famous last words and relax, well it never happened!

As I sit in my office at home overlooking 15 kilometres of the most beautiful Paphos coastline, sun shining, goats and their shepherd ambling down the hillside, my sidekick Athos (he's my dog) at my side I wonder if the journey to get here has been entirely worth it, maybe writing the journey down will help me to decide?

Mayfair London W1 was the prestigious address where I worked for 5 fantastic years - I was the hospitality manager and VIP chef for a very famous jewellers on Bond Street, an experience I will never forget and one of the biggest learning curves of my life! As you can imagine from Mayfair to a village called Peyia just outside of Paphos, Cyprus was to say the least a huge culture shock and a life changing experience.

I lived in Hertfordshire in a beautiful 400 year old cottage, I had a job and salary to die for, I was ( and strangely still am) happily married with a wonderful son Jamie and two beautiful golden persian cats, Mr. Squinks and Ted - so what made me do it, why did I turn my life upside down and inside out, moved to what seemed like a third world country at the time and entered into the strange world of 'lets open a restaurant'.

Madness that's what it was complete madness, would I change a thing, in a word NO, am I happy, I don't know I never get the time to decide, would I do it all over again, maybe not, has it been worth it, yes. The next paragragh will have you all thinking 'spoilt, lucky cow' all that success and business and she's still moaning!

Having made the journey from Mayfair to Peyia I now have one of the most prestigious wedding companies and venue on the island and a stunning new cafe/bistro called 'blue olive'. The journey to get where I am at this moment in time has certainly been one of the hardest and longest journeys of my life that's why I need to document every last bit of it.

0 Responses to "From this day forward" (Leave A Comment)